Use your data to build your content strategy and perform your best!
Analyze what price point performs best
- You may notice that you get a lot of clicks on a certain link but zero orders.
- Take note of the prices of the products that convert best for you to infer desired price points for your audience.
- Sometimes expensive items yield high clicks, but low sales. In this case, feature lower-priced items.
Make shopping easy
- Not enough data yet? Make sure that your shoppable content is as easy to find as possible.
- Include text links and widgets through out your posts and across your social channels.
- Add shoppable content at the very top of your posts to ensure your audience does not miss it. Keep sharing widget and text links throughout and do so frequently.
- As always, shoppers love seeing lots of high-quality images. So make sure to entice them with your quality visuals!
Promote retailers your audience shops
- Similar to the previous point, keep in line with the retailers your audience is loving.
- Do they respond better to Net-a-porter than Crate & Barrel? Sounds like you have a luxury fashion shopper audience and not an at-home crowd. Lean and cater to them!
- Be sure to let them know when those sales are happening and call out your favorite items at their new low price.
Understand when your audience shops
- Use the graph to see when the order was placed and if there are any trends on days your audience likes to purchase.
- Remember you can toggle between custom date ranges.
- Take seasonality into account when analyzing data. If you sold a lot of swimsuits in July, consider that in your upcoming summer content and fill their shopping need around this time every year.
Use commission rates in your favor
- Retailer commission rates are displayed on the Supported Retailers in your Collective account.
- If you are linking to a product offered by multiple retailers, check which has the highest CPA rate and use that link to optimize for the highest return.
- We also encourage you to use the high commission filter when selecting items for your widgets or looks.
Know what channel converts the most
- Use the Tool Type chart to see which Collective tools are performing best for you. Do the same analysis using the Traffic Sources chart to see where your audience is interacting with your content the most. Use this to improve on your current content strategy by focusing on your strengths.
- Maybe you Instagram story is your strongest channel. Think about where your link stickers direct to. In this case, you might try out linking to blog posts or your Looks page instead of just retailer product pages.
- This gets more eyes to your site to retain more followers. Methods that lead to more and more shoppable content can be a strategy that makes a big difference!